The Ethical Prevention Professional in the 21st Century
The Florida Department of Children and Families Substance Abuse and Mental Health Program Office (SAMH) in conjunction with the Florida Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association (FADAA) are offering a free training. For this training, approximately 5.5 CEUs are available at no cost. Click the links below for more information.
The workshop is being offered in three locations:
The next scheduled USF-CJMHSA TA Center quarterly conference call TBD.
Previous conference call presentations can be found under the document library.
What We Do
- Provide technical assistance to counties in preparing a grant application.
- Assist applicant counties in projecting the effect of the proposed intervention on the population of the county detention facility.
- Assist applicant counties in monitoring the effect of a grant award on the criminal justice system in the county.
- Disseminate and share evidence-based and best practices among grantees and statewide.
- Act as a clearinghouse for information and resources related to criminal justice, juvenile justice, mental health, and substance abuse.
- Available to coordinate and assist State interagency work groups for criminal and juvenile justice, mental health, and substance abuse. Use grant outcomes to inform State and local policy, including budgets and system plans.