*CJMHSA Reinvestment Grantees Announced*
Click the link below for the grant award announcement:
Grants to Expand Substance Abuse
Treatment Capacity in Adult Treatment Drug Courts
SAMHSA is accepting applications for fiscal year 2017 Grants to Expand Substance Abuse Treatment Capacity in Adult Treatment Drug Courts and Adult Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts. The purpose of this program is to expand and/or enhance substance use disorder treatment services in existing adult problem solving courts.
Or Web Resources --> Funding Opportunities
Application Deadline: December 12, 2016
What We Do
- Provide technical assistance to counties in preparing a grant application.
- Assist applicant counties in projecting the effect of the proposed intervention on the population of the county detention facility.
- Assist applicant counties in monitoring the effect of a grant award on the criminal justice system in the county.
- Disseminate and share evidence-based and best practices among grantees and statewide.
- Act as a clearinghouse for information and resources related to criminal justice, juvenile justice, mental health, and substance abuse.
- Available to coordinate and assist State interagency work groups for criminal and juvenile justice, mental health, and substance abuse. Use grant outcomes to inform State and local policy, including budgets and system plans.
The disproportionate number of people with behavioral health disorders involved in the criminal justice system puts a tremendous strain on scarce pub...